CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 2, 2012

TimBits



A is insanely obsessed in love with Tim Hortons doughnuts! The man could eat them all day and probably nothing else if I wasn't here to force him derail him to eat other healthier foods choices. I mean we go there so much the drive-thru staff know his voice as soon as he speaks on the intercom. *face-palm*

I have been thinking a lot lately about how hard our job is in our relationship. I mean we are a waiter/waitress in our line of work so we learn to deal with stress and handle it accordingly. Do you have any idea how annoying it is to have someone say they want a burger and then they go through a five minute speech of how they do not want cheese, lettuce, pickles, tomatoes ect... OMG just say you want a burger and bun only to save me the last five minutes of my life, I DO have other tables waiting! HAHA! I do love my guest most of the time though...


Your job or role in your relationship though is a completely different type of work. It's never-ending. There is no little computer in the back of the kitchen to clock out when your ready to leave. Wouldn't that be awesome if there was one though to use to leave right before a spanking? "Sorry baby you can't spank me I'm off the clock, you need to check those time sheets buddy boy!" Oh to dream... Depending on how dedicated you are to your relationship or marriage you can't walk out either when things aren't going the way you would like them too.You can't do only half the work and expect to get results. You have to dedicate yourself, all of yourself, your time, your energy, & your heart. Money too of course! :-)

Just like work though when mistakes are made they take a toll on the relationship. When you throw DD dynamics into your relationship sometimes the toll of a mistake can get really confusing. Especially if it's the leader that made the mistake. This happened recently to us and it was a hard thing to handle. I mean I am suppose to submit to ALL of his authority so if I am disappointed about a choice he made and try to make him correct it then aren't I stepping out of place?

The thing I have learned over the past few weeks though is it's okay to make a mistake! It's okay for him to make a mistake! We are all human and at one point or another we will mess up... The thing is though even when the man you give yourself to messes up you have to keep the relationship on track. You can't start bringing up all of his down falls and criticize his every move. You have to communicate in a respectful way how YOU feel and how he can make you feel better about his choice.

The one thing I have learned from A's love of Tim Horton's is to always keep the relationship fresh! Just like their motto! We get way to comfortable when we are in a long term relationship and we forget to act like we are newly in love.... If you were just with someone for a few dates and they mess up are you going to explode and go nuts? Of course not! You want to show your good side! So one thing I am taking away from this blog post and I hope you do too is to always look at your relationship as fresh and give your all, no matter what that means! Relationships are hard, but the power of love is underestimated!

1 comment:

  1. loving this as a read. thanks for sharing. im new(ish) on hear..... (used to be hear under different names) and its so good to see so many out there still in DD relationships.
    i totally understand about the costumers to, i work in a small family business which sells home made food, and sandwiches.
    thanks again TW

    ReplyDelete