CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 15, 2012

R-E-S-P-E-C-T Find Out What It Means To Me

My entire life I've always dreamed of the fairytale happy ever after. I've always believed in love at first sight, soul-mates, and the ever so passionate-forever-type of love. What I have learned in twenty-three short years though is it can exist, but only if you learn to love and respect yourself and one another. It's so easy to say that you do but showing it and actually DOING it is totally another story! It's not always easy! Who would of thought that?!? I'm feisty, stubborn, strong-headed & very independent, yet I'm loving, nurturing, caring, sweet, charming & a little wild at times. Learning to merge all of these qualities together and use them to show R-E-S-P-E-C-T is a very difficult thing to try to do. Trust me, I've tried & tried & continue to try...Talk about trial and error!


So I was married for seven years, we had two beautiful children, a dog & cat. We had what most would call the perfect American dream, what most didn't know though that it was so far from perfect behind closed doors. So after all those years I got up one day and decided today was the day I was finally going to be strong enough to walk away... I did.... & I have never looked back! It was the best choice I have ever made for myself and my children. 



I didn't date after I left, I needed to find ME. She was still in me somewhere, but darn't I've never been good at hide'n'seek! I learned a lot about me, myself, & I in that time, I needed too. I realized what went wrong in my marriage. Not only did I make mistakes but I forgot to do the most important part in my marriage, for me & for us. I didn't love & R-E-S-P-E-C-T myself!! I lost myself in the relationship... I vowed to never do that ever again in any relationship. If I can't love and respect myself as a person, how could I love & respect another person? How would our relationship work, grow, & blossom without those two things? It wouldn't! Plain & simple. So I found me, I love me & respect me...I'm pretty amazing, huh? I think so too!!


Have you ever heard that saying that you find love when your not looking? Well I did! I met my fiance' at work. I wasn't looking for anyone but he caught my eye. From the start we were hooked onto each other. He was the most charming waiter I had ever come to know! I fell in love very quick and I mean the kind of love that is head-over-heels, fairytale-type... He was & is perfect... Sure he is a nerd at times and has weird quirks but I love his quirky-nerdy self! 


Right away he showed his very dominant side...a bit intimidating at first sight! I think we were in a DD relationship from the start just without the discipline. I found a taken in hand website a few weeks into our relationship so I showed him what I found...& let him know I wasn't that disturbed by it either. He LOVED the idea. So we began our new journey into learning to LOVE & R-E-S-P-E-C-T one another. It has been a lot of ups and downs & many conversations so far & we have only been doing this for about a month now. The thing is though...I have never been happier, more self-fulfilled, and more in love with any man. He can take my breath away just by glancing at me with that oh-so-charming smile from across the restaurant where we work. He can also make me squirm with that look of "Really? Did you just go there?"....Ummm Can I plead the fifth or find the nearest exit? Puhhhlease babe?





So yes I've found my knight! He is charming, sweet, loving, kind-hearted, protective, strict and a little bossy....Shhhhhh...I had to throw it in there...What? He is! I love him though, all of him. He makes me feel like the most loved person in the world. He is my everything....


I'm going to use this blog to get out all of my feelings and emotions while going through our journey of learning to LOVE & R-E-S-P-E-C-T........Stay Tuned......





No comments:

Post a Comment